The New Face of the Euro is a travelling exhibition that presents the Europa series banknotes in an accessible and interactive way.
The exhibition includes:
• A preview of the new €5 banknote with its enhanced security features.
• A vase from the Louvre museum that is over 2,000 years old and shows Europa, a figure from Greek mythology. The face of Europa has been incorporated in the hologram and watermark of the new banknote series.
• A film about the introduction of the second series of euro banknotes, with a focus on Europa.
In addition to these highlights, the exhibition contains many other items of interest for young and old alike, such as:
• Touch screens and games on euro banknotes and coins.
• Genuine or fake? A side-by-side comparison.
• A section on the history of money including a fascinating display of ancient coins from the Museum's collection.
The New Face of the Euro exhibition is open from 10 January to 10 March 2013 at the Archaeological Museum.